Friday, July 8, 2011

Appreciation

I think I have a habit of not being sufficiently expressive of my appreciation for those around me. I'd like to stop doing that, so periodically I'm going to start writing short posts about the people I appreciate (even if I don't think they read this blog.)

I'll start with Mrs. Greene, my 6th grade teacher. We've kept in touch since I was in the 6th grade and she has been an incredibly important mentor to me. Thanks Mrs. Greene for being there for me as I've grown up and always being happy to sit down for a chat to catch each other up on our lives.

Peace out,
Amy

2 comments:

Heather Greene said...

Amy,
This is the most touching tribute I've ever received from a former student. The visits on my birthday after you all moved on to middle and high school (with Jhoana getting my former "Questers" to sign a hand-made card) are right up there, but I don't believe I've ever been blogged about!

Now, for anyone else out there who reads "PooleyBlog", I want you all to know what a very special person Amy is. Students do come back to visit former teachers from time to time. They might even "friend" a former teacher on Facebook. But it's an exceptional person who calls that former teacher every year on her birthday, invites her to come watch a football game at her high school each Fall, asks her to attend her graduation (and to have dinner with her family beforehand), arranges to meet her for lunch or coffee when she's home from college, and takes the time to chat with her on Facebook once in a while.

So, Amy, thank you for posting your message of appreciation. I hope it is also clear to everyone how much I appreciate you!

Sincerely (and I really do mean that),
Mrs. Greene
a.k.a. Amy's very honored 6th grade teacher

Amy C. Pooley said...

:) I have readers! And two comments! What an exciting day.